Thursday, October 7, 2010

He, me, and the dogs make four...Oh, no! there is one more.

Right now the fiance (we'll call him Master P for now) and I are living with his mother, my future mother-in-law, in her/his house in Eads, TN.  So far, there have only been a few blips in my extended stay here.  Some much worse then others. 

I moved here in June, soon after my graduation from The University of Mississippi.  Master P and I didn't want to live apart from each other, but we didn't have the means to get a place of our own either.  So the decision was made, I and my dog (more like my child), Baby George, would be moving to Eads, a suburb of Memphis, ew.

Mr. P and I in Key west last March taking a hangover cure! 
So the FMIL's house comes with rules.  One is absolutely no drinking allowed.  Even though we are both of age (28 and 23) and Master P is partial owner of the home, she would freak out if alcohol was brought into the house.  Master P and I are not huge drinkers but we do like to indulge in a glass of wine, beer or adult beverage (sometimes two) every now then.  So we semi-respect her wishes and don't openly bring in alcohol.  We sneak it in--high school style.  Lame, I know, but it is much better than the alternative.  I don't want to give my MIL a bad rap, she honestly is a very sweet, caring person.  She is letting her "between opportunities" daughter-in-law crash at her house. 

I end this post with an introduction of the two loves of my life.  Yes, you probably guessed it, my dogs!  Baby George is a 4 year old lab/pyrenees mix.  aka The Hotty Toddy Hound Dog.  He just looks like a Rebel!

This is Baby George's Christmas photo last year.
And then there is Little Jennifer.  She a spunky lab/Shepard/boarder collie mix...we think. 

At a friend's lake house.  She is so wiggly that we just don't have that
 many good pictures of her yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment